- The price for a meal is now £2.30 and we only need the primary pupil bit.
- We also only accept payment via Parentmail now not cash/cheque
Please find our menu below
Free School Meals
Parents who are receiving certain benefits can claim free school meals for their children. School meals are a good way to ensure that your child eats well at lunchtime, and you can save yourself time and money.
Even if your children don’t want to eat the meals, completing an application form could still help your school. The more eligible parents who apply, the more funding the school can receive.
Free School Meals for Foundation, Year 1 and 2 children
From September 2014, all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 classes are entitled to Universal Infant Free School Meals. However, if you meet the qualifying criteria listed below, completing an application could help your children’s school get valuable extra funding through the Pupil Premium.
Who is eligible for Free School Meals?
If you receive any of the following you may be entitled:
- Income Support (IS), or
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA), or
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), or
- National Asylum Seeker Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999, or
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190), or
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit, or
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
How to Apply
We have the forms in the school office. If you think you may be eligible please come in and fill a form in. It could make a big difference!
If your child has any food allergies, please let the office staff know. This will need to be supported by medical documentation to ensure that an appropriate menu is planned for your child.
Leicester schools follow strict guidelines set by the government when preparing food, providing children with a healthy tasty meal each school day. Copies of our current meal menus can be found at the bottom of this page.
How much do school meals cost?
A two course school meal costs £1.75 for a primary pupil and £2.05 for a secondary pupil.
You can pay for your child’s meal by cash or cheque. Please contact your child’s school for more information.
Can my child’s school provide a vegetarian meal?
Yes, a healthy and tasty vegetarian option is available at each city school on a daily basis, our primary menus are based on two meat and two vegetarian dishes.
Can my child’s school provide multicultural meals?
Yes, we offer meals to suit cultural requirements. We have an Asian vegetarian menu and a halal/interim halal menu.
We do not knowingly use any nut products or products derived from nuts in our kitchens. However we cannot guarantee that our food is free from nut products. If your child suffers from a nut allergy, please call us on 0116 454 5060 and our dietician can create an appropriate menu.