Please read the information below which gives details of our Pupil Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
What is pupil premium?
Pupil Premium funding was introduced by the Government in order to address the attainment gap between vulnerable pupils and others. The money is sent to school based on the number of pupils in school who are eligible for free school meals(FSM), are in care (CLA) or whose parents are in the Armed Forces. It also includes children who have been eligible for free school in the last 6 years. This money is allocated to initiatives to ensure pupils reach their full potential, both academically and socially.
For more information on Pupil Premium visit www.gov.uk.
The money helps to fund the following key initiatives which prioritise support for some of the additional needs of pupil premium children:
- Reading recovery intervention
- Better reading partners
- Attendance officer
- Walking bus
- First class number 1 and 2
- Enrichment and inclusion
- Additional guided reading groups
- Intensive maths and english
- Coaching to targeted children
- Home packs of support materials
- Early intervention to support individual children in learning to read
- Intervention to support individual children in reading to accelerated progress
- The Attendance officer targets pupils at risk of becoming poor attendees
- To promote good attendance and punctuality
- Early maths intervention in mathematics in KS1
- Subsidiary to aid inclusion in all areas of the curriculum and extra-curricular activities eg: trips, residential trips and swimming
- Guided Reading intervention groups for the more able
- Coaching to improve accelerated progress in maths and English
- Support materials for children to complete homework and continue learning at home
Click the link below for our full breakdown, including Impact and Progression data.
We review our objectives and progress throughout the year. The next review will take place in February 2021.
Objectives for 2020-21
Review of Objectives 2019-20
Objectives of pupil premium spending 2019-20
Pupil premium objectives & review 2018-19
Objectives of pupil premium spending 17-18
Department for education